Project Officer (Transport Partnerships) x2 D/I5dc
Grade I | £28,306 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (37 hours) | (Part time/Job share considered) | Closing date: 30 January 2022
Project Officer (Transport Partnerships) x2 D/I5dc
Grade I - Salary £28,306 pa (pay award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent/Full Time (37 hours pw)
(Flexible & Part Time working considered)
Closing date - 30 January 2022
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint two Project Officers to join our Transport Partnerships team within our Delivery Directorate.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), to ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into a Programme Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- providing project management assistance to major infrastructure transport schemes to improve transport across the region.
- working with a wide range of stakeholders including Project Managers, senior managers, Members, developers, and infrastructure providers to help coordinate and assist in the delivery of projects
- leading on certain aspects of project delivery such as, organising and attending public consultation / exhibitions to seek stakeholder consensus on projects.
These roles are currently remote working, however there will be occasions in the future for a mixture of working at the Combined Authority offices alongside remote working.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education, and experience
- We are looking for candidates who have a project management background who are proactive, with excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong partnership & stakeholder relationships.
- A proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to a wide range of projects or programmes including financial management of projects/programmes is essential.
- Although not essential, it is desirable that the candidates have a good understanding of highway, transport and town centre regeneration principles and practices, including provision of active travel infrastructure however, experience in other infrastructure projects is acceptable.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain high effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- It is desirable that the candidate has obtained a formal project management qualification from a recognised professional body but not essential.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
If you require further information or would like to discuss the role please contact Dominic Liddell-Crewe, Programme Manager (Dominic.Liddell-Crewe@westyorks-ca.gov.uk) or James Bennett, Programme Manager (James.Bennett@westyorks-ca.gov.uk
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Sunday 30 January 2022
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.