Property Lawyer - Ref: R/L8
Grade L £41,216 pa - Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) - Permanent - Full Time (37 hours per week)- Closing Date: Sunday 6th December 2020
Grade L - £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Full time 37 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 6th December 2020
We are recruiting for a Property, Planning & Compulsory Purchase Lawyer who wants to play a leading role in reshaping our local economy and forging better futures for millions of people. This is a great opportunity to move into a senior legal role which can offer a variety of work in a vibrant environment.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced commercial property, planning and compulsory purchase lawyer to join our team to:
- Provide legal and commercial support on all types of land and property transactions across the organisation.
- Support and advise the Combined Authority projects which have property or development implications and engage with a wide mix of stakeholders on high profile, large scale infrastructure schemes.
- Prepare complex, bespoke commercial property and development legal documents and provide advice on the use of compulsory powers to acquire land.
This position does not have any line management responsibility.
Please look at the Role Profile for more information about the role responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Be proactive and motivated with an excellent track record of providing customer focused and authoritative legal advice and support.
- Can demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and advise on complex legal and commercial work, managing competing priorities and delivering clear and accurate advice, often to tight timescales.
- Be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FCILEx.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Sunday 6th December 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.