Receptionist - TS/C36e
Grade C - Salary£17,190 per annum | (Living Wage Supplement Will Be Paid for Salaries below £17,942 P.A) | Permanent / Full Time 37 hours per week) | Leeds City Centre | Closing Date - 01 October 2021
Receptionist - TS/C36e
Grade C - £17,190 per annum
(Living Wage Supplement Will Be Paid for Salaries below £17,942 per annum)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week)
Closing date - 01 October 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a receptionist to join our Office Facilities team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing, and digital connections.
Reporting into Office Facilities Coordinator, your key responsibilities will include:
- To provide a professional and courteous Reception service to all customers.
- Answering switchboard and internal calls and interpreting the caller’s needs, demonstrating tact and judgement in dealing with queries. Taking messages or re-directing calls as appropriate.
- Maintain the visitor register and allocating visitor badges to provide accurate records.
- Ensuring a fast-paced booking system is managed to high standards.
- Experience of undertaking general administrative duties in an office environment.
- Experience of using MS office packages.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Experience of providing a proactive reception service.
- Experience of dealing with face-to-face enquiries from customers.
- Strong communication skills.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Friday 01 October 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.