Resource Efficiency Manager
Grade J: £31,799 - Leeds City Centre (Temporarily Remote) with travel around West & North Yorkshire - Full Time: 37 hours per week - 12 month contract to cover secondment (possibility of extension) - Closing Date: Wednesday 27 January 2021
Resource Efficiency Manager
Grade J - £31,799 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
12 Month Contract
Closing date: Wednesday 27 January 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Resource Efficiency Manager to join our Business Support (Clean Growth & Innovation) team. This is a key client-facing role to deliver account management and site-based resource efficiency advice and support for local businesses.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth), your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing outstanding face to face support as a trusted advisor to client businesses to encourage and implement resource efficiency improvements, presenting recommendations for investment to clients, inspiring confidence, and optimising the level of support and intervention available.
- Working with client management to identify and develop opportunities for robust applications for grant and other support.
- Establishing an ongoing market awareness of the resource efficiency landscape and driving change in client businesses based on current market opportunities.
- Driving the promotion and take-up of REBiz across the region by speaking at regional events, pro-actively targeting eligible SME clients, providing targeted information to partner Local Authorities, and proactively identifying and developing new opportunities to market the scheme.
Please review the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
The role will likely be focused on either West or North Yorkshire, depending on the home location of the successful applicant.
The post is part-funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020 and the Northern Powerhouse Growth Deal.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- Degree educated or demonstrably experienced in a sustainability, environmental management, or energy related field.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. IEMA or CIBSE or similar is desirable.
- Expert knowledge and experience of SME business drivers, priorities and issues, particularly in relation to resource and energy efficiency.
- Knowledge and experience of processes and procedures for assessing commercial viability of capital investment proposals.
- Experience of client management in a small business environment or similar, to be credible in representing the service to the senior management of potential clients.
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- You will be expected to travel throughout the region by public transport and/or car.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Wednesday 27 January 2021.
For more information about this role please contact Melissa Liburd (Senior Service Manager – Clean Growth) on 0113 348 1825 or Vincent McCabe (Programme Lead – Clean Growth) on 0113 348 1043.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.