Sector Manager (Finance, Business and Professional Services) – Ref: ES/T15a
Salary: Grade L £41,216 per annum - Full Time: 37 hours per week - Location: Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) with travel expected across Leeds City Region and some UK and overseas travel. - Closing date: Sunday 31 January 2021
Sector Manager (Finance, Business and Professional Services)
Grade L - £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Closing date: Sunday 31 January 2021
There has never been a more important time to support the attraction of inward investment and generate export opportunities in Leeds City Region.
With a new trading relationship with Europe and economic recovery at the forefront of businesses decision making, the work of the Leeds City Region Trade and Investment team is crticical to support future growth and resilience.
The team is seeking an exceptional individual to join as a Sector Manager for Finance, Business and Professional Services to lead on the attraction of new companies, grow international trade and build strategic relationships for the city region.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into Trade & Investment Manager – FDI and Industrial Sectors, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement the strategic business development plan to promote Leeds City Region’s proposition for inward investment in Finance, Business and Professional Services, to secure new investment and jobs into the City Region.
- Manage a range of inward investments that support a client to make a positive decision including lead generation, research, visits, bespoke proposals, and stakeholder engagements.
- Develop a strong understanding of trends in the Finance, Business, and Professional Services sector, particularly relevant to the drivers of competitive advantage and their impact on location.
- Establish strategic relationships with the major Finance, Business, and Professional Services businesses and stakeholders to support growth and identification of future opportunities.
- Work as part of the wider Trade and Investment team and Economic Services Directorate with line management responsbilty of a Business Development Executive.
Please review the Role Profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
- A knowledge and understanding of the City Region’s Finance, Business and Professional Services sector and the international drivers for the sector in relation to trade and investment.
- A team player, who has a cooperative and proactive style to achieve success.
- Strong influencing and relationship-building skills, with a demonstrable track record of problem-solving and effective account management with senior industry decision makers and government.
- Experience of inward investment/economic development and the key drivers in investment decision making and economic growth
- Experience of confidently and professionally conveying information both written and oral in a clear, concise and persuasive style.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Sunday 31 January 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.