Security & Safer Travel Manager - TS/T44b
Salary £34,356 pa (pay award pending) | Grade J | Location Leeds | Permanent | (Up to) Full time 37 hours pw | Applications for part time / job share always considered | Closing date: 04 June 2023
Security & Safer Travel Manager
Salary £34,356 pa (pay award pending) |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
We currently have a vacancy for a Security & Safer Travel Manager to join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Bus Station Services team working at the Leeds CCTV Monitoring suite at Middleton, Leeds. This is a rewarding and exciting opportunity to work with a great team.
Do you have the passion that can lead and advance our safer travel programme and work strategically to review process and practices to ensure ongoing compliance with legislation and adoption of best practice.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Mayoral Combined Authority. We have a wide variety of exciting projects that we are working on which will help shape the West Yorkshire region.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
The key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- You will be the operational lead for the organisation to manage, advise and act on all areas of policing and civil intervention relating to safer travel.
- You will develop our Safer Travel Plan and providing guidance to the Safer Travel Police team and anti-social behaviour team.
- This role will manage our CCTV monitoring and maintenance contract and make sure the CA is getting value for money.
- You will also represent the CA at country wide national forums including but not limited to Urban Transport Group, Public Transport Safety & Security Board and the West Yorkshire Public Sector CCTV Practitioners Board.
- You will be expected to take an active role in the incident management team and anti-terrorism planning, making recommendations to the CA Leadership Team.
- Be a visible and enthusiastic team member, encouraging partnership working across the organisation.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Strong management experience
- A high level of knowledge in Crime and Disorder Act 1998, Police and Justice Act 2006, and the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014
- Knowledge of legislation relating to the use of public space CCTV and policing functions.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment, seeking agreement from multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of working productively in a high pressure environment.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 04 June 2023.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has recently been in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
We are pleased to announce that these proposals have been accepted and work is currently underway to implement these.