Senior Evaluations Analyst (TCF)
£36,316 pa - Permanent / Full-time - Remote Working (with travel to the Leeds offices in the future)
Senior Evaluations Analyst (TCF)
Grade K - £36,316 pa
Remote Working (with travel to the Leeds offices in the future)
Permanent/Full Time (37 hours per week)
Closing date 23 November 2020
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Evaluations Analyst for our Research and Intelligence team. You will lead the TCF program of evaluation activity whilst overseeing a small team working on the evaluations of the £317m Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) Programme.
The Leeds City Region has been successful in securing one of the largest TCF awards in the country. It is an exciting and ambitious programme of transport infrastructure aimed at reducing reliance on car travel and increasing and improving infrastructure for public transport and cycling and walking.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the new Evaluations Manager, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Manage, co-ordinate and deliver TCF project and programme evaluations and all associated LCR Assurance Framework activity.
- You will ensure that commissioned evaluations are compliant with the LCR Assurance Framework, HMT (Her Majesty’s Treasury) Green Book best practice and the CA’s newly adopted Evaluation Strategy.
- Be responsible for managing relationships with consultants undertaking external evaluations whilst leading the organisations TCF evaluation activity and engaging with key national stakeholders such as DfT.
- Act as a key contributor to our strategic approach to programme level evaluation and ensuring that we are capable of capturing the “Additionality” of our investments across projects and ensuring evaluation learning shapes project design through communication and engagement with project sponsors.
- Line Management of the Evaluations Analyst.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Be ambitious, results-focused individual, proficient at managing multiple projects and working flexibly.
- Will be or have been working on corporate evaluation team’s programme of work ensuring the co-ordination of Assurance Framework project evaluation and ongoing program level impact evaluation work.
- Worked on evaluating major schemes ensuring all funding is consistent with recognised national guidance and methodologies.
- You have been involved in project evaluations to support stakeholders in ensuring the organisation can deliver high quality evaluation strategies and economic impact assessments.
- Ability and confidence to advise senior figures both within and outside the organisation on procurement and financial responsibilities.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
For more details of all benefits click here
You can either apply online uploading your CV and completing some supporting information or email you CV and Covering Letter quoting Ref: PSC/R9c to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:55pm on 23rd November 2020.
We are using Microsoft Teams for virtual hiring and remote on-boarding to help our candidates and hiring managers stay safe.
For further information about the role, please contact Patrick Bowes on email@example.com
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. On exceptional cases we may be able to offer salaries above SP1.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.