Senior Internal Auditors - CS/A1
Grade J | £31,799 pa | Location Leeds | Permanent | Full time (37 hours) | (Part time/Job share considered) | Closing date: 28 January 2022
Senior Internal Auditors - CS/A1
Grade J - Salary £31,799 pa (pay award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent /Full time 37 hour pw (Part time/Job share considered
Closing date - 28 January 2022
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint two Senior Internal Auditors to join our Internal Audit team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
Reporting into the Principal Internal Auditor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively to deliver a full internal audit service covering all of the Combined Authority’s functions and activities, particularly supporting the Adult Education Budget (AEB) assurance framework.
- Planning and carrying out audits, including site visits at our AEB providers, and producing high quality information and reports to a range of stakeholders in line with professional standards.
- Helping to positively develop the internal audit function in order to drive improvement to internal controls, risk management and corporate governance.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business on ways in which to improve controls and governance as appropriate.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of developments in audit and current issues.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- The ability to think strategically to provide both assurance and value for money work
- Strong analytical, evaluation, organisational and communication skills
- Be a qualified auditor (eg CCAB accountant, CMIAA auditor) and have relevant practical experience in a similar role
- Have a good understanding of Public Sector Internal Auditing Standards
- Work effectively in a team environment
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 28 January 2022.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.