Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth) ES/ES30cg
Grade L, Salary £41,216 | Permanent Full Time (37 hours pw) | Leeds City Centre (temporarily remote working) | Closing Date - 26 September 2021
Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth)ES/ES30cg
Grade L- Salary £41,216 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent/Full Time (37 hours pw)
Closing date - 26 September 2021
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth) to join our Economic Services Business Support team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
Reporting into the Programme Lead (Clean Growth & Innovation), your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading existing multi-million pound clean growth and SME business sustainability support programmes
- Developing and implementing new region-wide business sustainability and climate emergency support programmes
- Leading a dedicated and passionate team of sustainability driven business support professionals to deliver outstanding clean growth support to the City Region’s SME business base
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
We are looking for someone with a passion for the opportunities and challenges that moving to a net zero City Region brings. As Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth), you will have a vision for how the Region’s small and medium sized businesses can make a positive contribution to this agenda.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- Degree in a relevant discipline and practical experience supporting businesses to tackle this agenda.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business sustainability issues, tackling the climate emergency and clean growth.
- Proven experience developing new support programmes and services for SME businesses.
- Demonstrable experience managing resources and budget to deliver effective support to businesses, including leading and developing high performing teams.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
If you require further information or would like to discuss the role please contact Vincent McCabe, Programme Lead (Clean Growth & Innovation) on 0113 348 1043
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Sunday 26 September 2021
The post is part-funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020 and the Northern Powerhouse Growth Deal, and part-funded by the European Interreg SHARE North fund.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.