Service Manager Special Projects - ES/B33
Salary £34,356 pa (pay award pending) Grade J | Location Leeds/Hybrid | Permanent linked to funding | (Up to) Full time 37 hours pw | Applications for part time / job share always considered | Closing date: 11 June 2023
Service Manager Special Projects - ES/B33
Salary £34,356 pa (pay award pending) |
- Do you want to work for an organisation that values you as an individual?
- An organisation that will support your professional development?
- What about an organisation that has Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of everything that it does?
- How about an organisation that does all these things and more?
- Yes? Then look no further than the West Yorkshire Combined Authority! Listen to what our staff say on our 'Life at West Yorkshire Combined Authority' webpage.
We currently have a vacancy for a Service Manager (Special Projects) to join our Business Sustainability team.
We are building a passionate and proactive special projects team as part of our business sustainability support. The special projects team will promote business sustainability, through the development and delivery of a variety of support packages and initiatives designed specifically for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) across our region.
You will play a key role in managing a small, dedicated team supporting the drive towards net zero and becoming climate ready, through the implementation of a regional green business peer network and associated business support initiatives.
You will be part of the business sustainability team which will be a catalyst for SME sustainability and resilience in our region – aiming to support local businesses with a fantastic, flexible package of advice and funding to plan towards net zero and climate readiness. Whether working with an independent high street coffee shop, or a pioneering advanced manufacturing business, we will provide scalable support based upon the core principles of Measure – Plan – Act:
- Helping businesses to measure their current position and environmental impacts
- Supporting them to plan actions they can take to improve these
- Providing a package of support to help them to act on these plans
If you want to find out more about the team you could be working with at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority visit our 'Meet the Business Sustainability Team' webpage.
To find out more about the work the Combined Authority is involved with take a look at our latest news stories.
Reporting into the Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth), the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Project manage delivery and financial management of special projects within business sustainability support, including the design and establishment of a regional green business network.
- Work with senior management, partners and stakeholders to identify, design and develop new projects relevant to business sustainability
- Line management of Business Sustainability Advisor.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Educated to Degree or equivalent relevant education or experience in business sustainability.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role with specific knowledge of dealing with business sustainability related activities.
- Experience of managing complex programme/project budgets.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
We have also recently undergone a major office refurbishment and have bright, airy, modern office space, with all latest technology, and just a 2-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. We also have agile working options too if you would rather work from home, or another suitable location, as well as a generous flexi-time scheme.
Have a look at our Employee Benefits webpage to find out more.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your anonymised CV, and complete the application form on our application website telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please apply by 11:55pm on Sunday 11 June 2023.
If you want to have an informal chat about the role please contact Paul Collins, Senior Service Manager (Clean Growth), on 0113 251 7476, or email Paul.Collins@westyorks-ca.gov.uk
The Combined Authority is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, neuro-divergence, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity. or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability and/or who are neuro-divergent. To find out more about inclusivity at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit our dedicated webpage.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Whilst agile working is an option for most staff, there is an expectation that employees are able to attend the office in central Leeds as and when required.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone, video or face to face. If you have any difficulty with the type of interview you are invited to, please inform the recruiting manager at your earliest convenience to enable them to consider an alternative solution.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We do however thank you for your application and encourage you to continue looking for roles on our Careers with Us website page.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months.
Terms and conditions
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has recently been in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
We are pleased to announce that these proposals have been accepted and work is currently underway to implement these.