Software Developer - Ref: CS/IT21f
Grade J - Salary £31,799 per annum | Permanent / Full-time (37 hours pw) | Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) | Closing date – 03 October 2021
Software Developer-Ref: CS/IT21f
Grade J - £31,799 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Closing date - 03 October 2021
We are seeking to appoint a Software Developer in our Business Systems Team within ICT Services. You will be a key member of the team using the skills and experience you have gained in software development to produce software solutions required by Combined Authority.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting to Business Systems Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop bespoke software applications to support organisational objectives and strategic plans and to improve processes in line with the requirements of the business.
- Provide on-going technical support and development of business-critical ICT systems, public facing websites and customer portals.
- Integrate disperse systems by coding interfaces utilising various Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and Software Development Kits (SDKs).
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer or equivalent extensive experience of developing software using .NET framework, C# and web development technologies i.e. HTML, XML/XSL, Umbraco/Azure etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Business Solutions e.g. SharePoint Online and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 03 October 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.