Statistician (Advertised on behalf of Kirklees Council)
Job Ref: CRO 1829 Directorate: Commercial, Regulatory & Operational Services Service Area: Environmental Strategy Job Title: Statistician Grade: Grade 7 £22,462 - £23,836 Location: Flint St, Fartown, Huddersfield HD1 6LG
Job Ref: CRO 1829
Directorate: Commercial, Regulatory & Operational Services
Service Area: Environmental Strategy
Job Title: Statistician
Grade: Grade 7
Salary Details: £22,462 - £23,836
Location: Flint St, Fartown, Huddersfield HD1 6LG
In order to be considered for this role you must provide written evidence of how you specifically meet each of the points listed under the heading ‘Person Checklist’ on the Job Profile.
We are looking for an organised and driven individual who is confident in Data Analysis to monitor, verify and reconcile data received from the Council’s waste disposal contractor.
You will provide accurate statistical analysis relating to the many waste streams and disposal routes for all municipal wastes managed through the Council’s c. £13m per year waste PFI contract.
You will be responsible for reporting the Councils statutory waste performance by using Defra’s WasteDataFlow web-based system (or future equivalent) to report tonnages of the Council’s waste movements, treatment processes and destinations.
The ability, skills, knowledge and experience to interpret complex data and information are crucial to this role. The successful candidate must be able to produce clear, concise reports and analytical information obtained from raw data in relation to waste tonnages to support senior managers.
You must understand the importance of verifying data and be confident to challenge any errors identified with the waste contractor to ensure that accurate invoices and payments are made by the Council.
Specific requirements for this role include:
- Has a qualification in Data Analysis – Level 4 (or equivalent), or numerous years proven work experience in a data or information management environment.
- Has a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and is comfortable with:
- PivotTable analysis
- Using complex formulas to manipulate and interrogate data
- The creation of charts and graphs
- Can demonstrate the ability to design and document audit trails, checks and procedures for all statistics produced.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels, including Councillors, members of the public, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with conflict and use negotiation skills to work in partnership with stakeholders.
If you have any questions about this role, please email Lauren Young firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please follow this link