Systems Analyst - Ref: CS/I2
Grade J - Salary £30,948 pa (2020 pay award pending) 12 months Fixed Term Contract Full-time (37 hours per week) Based at home and in Leeds City Centre Closing date – 24 August 2020
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority is seeking to strengthen its preparations to be Mayoral Ready by recruiting a Systems Analyst for 12 months. The role will be focused on ensuring that the organisation understands the impact on its ICT systems which result from a period of transformation and successfully prepares for and completes the necessary technology changes.
The Systems Analyst role will be key for introducing ICT changes which are needed within our transformation programme. The successful candidate will develop our end-to-end delivery processes from requirements scoping through to design and then creating and testing new implementations. They will also produce highly specified, customer focused technical solutions to enable the Combined Authority to quickly implement well received and effective system changes at a time of intense organisation activity.
- Take a senior role in a range of projects, which have a requirement for new systems or IT solutions.
- Work closely with clients to formulate requirements into workable models identifying potential solutions.
- Examine and evaluate current systems and make recommendations.
- Implement agreed plans for new systems or changes to the IT service catalogue.
- Lead the user acceptance of solutions ensure that solutions are robustly tested with strong collaboration and sign-off from the internal customer.
- Use agile and waterfall delivery to implement ICT changes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Undertake support for systems and end-user training.
- Prepare and deliver system training to staff of various levels of ability.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and training.
- Exposure of implementing or developing significant corporate systems.
- Experience of data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of software.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and strong customer service ethos.
- A senior member of multi-disciplinary project team which delivers a range of complex or high profile ICT projects.
- Confidently leads requirement workshops with large numbers of staff who have different viewpoints.
- Provides easily understood technical requirements to staff and external partners.
- Logical with an excellent grasp of modern technologies that deliver large, intricate business critical systems.
- Data analysis experience including data modelling, data mapping and workflows.
- Communicates as an authoritative subject matter expertise across all directorates.
For internal candidates only
Secondment opportunities will be considered from internal candidates for this post, however, in line with the Combined Authority’s Secondments Policy, you must have 12 months’ service in your current role and seek permission from you current line manager before applying.
The Combined Authority brings together districts partners, the business community via Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership and also takes in the former Passenger Transport Executive (branded Metro). Overall, the Combined Authority covers a population of around 2.5 million people and represents the largest economy outside London.
For more information about the work of West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Please note: Whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role has career salary progression (SP1 – SP4 £30,948 - £ 35,835), with incremental increases applicable in most cases on an annual basis.
Please read the Systems Analyst role profile before applying for this post.
You can then apply here
Please submit your application by 11:55pm on Monday 24 August 2020.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Candidate information will be retained by West Yorkshire Combined Authority for 6 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.