Technical Officer - Pest Control (Advertised on behalf of Kirklees Council)
Salary details: £19,554 - £23,836 Ref: ES 2200 Kirklees Council Economy and Infrastructure Environment Services Place of Work: Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD1 6LG Contract Type: Temporary Working Pattern: Full Time Hours per Week: 37 Closing date: 01 March 2020
This job is temporary for up to 11 months from the date of appointment to cover the absence of the current post holder.
Kirklees Council has an excellent opportunity for somebody to join its dynamic Pest Control Team based at Flint Street, Fartown undertaking pest control identification and treatment for both its domestic and commercial customers.
Working closely with a wide range of Council departments including Environmental Health, the team are responsible for undertaking the Council’s statutory duty concerning pests and will involve the identification and eradication of such pests. The role requires working closely with our customers to help them solve their pest problems and to prevent the spread of disease.
The job will involve.
- Undertake the Council’s statutory duties for Pest Control.
- Undertake investigations to identify and eradicate insect and rodent infestations
- Undertake Drainage Investigations, using CCTV or other tests to detect defective drains, sewers, septic tanks or cesspools
- Update records accurately in line with procedures using IT software packages
- Prepare correspondence, and statutory notices
- Undertake compliance checks for works required under Notice, including overseeing works carried out by private contractors
- Liaise, as necessary, with internal and external departments/ agencies such as Housing Services, Highways and Yorkshire Water
- Provide estimates/ quotations for annual pest control service contracts and individual treatments that are not set in the Councils fees and charges document
- Participate in the standby systems for Pest Control and Environmental Health
If you would like to speak to someone about this role please call James Kaye on 07528-252196 or email email@example.com
An enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed Secondment Permission Form, signed by your manager. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CV's will not be accepted.
Please read any attached documents before applying for this job