Trade and Investment Manager – FDI and Industrial Sectors ES/INW7
Trade and Investment Manager – FDI and Industrial Sectors ES/INW7 - Grade M £47,695 per annum - Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) with travel expected across Leeds City Region and some UK and overseas travel - Full Time Permanent 37 hours per week - Closing Date 28 February 2021
Trade and Investment Manager - FDI and Industrial Sectors
Grade M - £47,695 pa
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely) with travel expected across Leeds City Region and some UK and overseas travel
Permanent Full Time 37 hours per week
Closing Date 28 February 2021
The LEP Trade and Investment team is seeking an exceptional individual to join as the Trade and Investment Manager to oversee its approach to attracting inward investment and developing the international profile of the region's key industrial capabilities.
This vacancy will manage an established team of professionals who provide advisory support to businesses considering investing into Leeds City Region. You will provide strategic leadership, drive and momentum to high profile bids to attract investors to the region from across the globe. You will also oversee an Investor Development team who work with the region's largest businesses to support the economic recovery and future growth.
There has never been a more important time to support the attraction of inward investment and generate export opportunities from Leeds City Region. With a new trading relationship with Europe and the economic recovery at the forefront of businesses decision making, the work of the Leeds City Region Trade and Investment team is critical to support future growth and resilience.
At the West Yorkshire Combined Authority we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Director of Trade and Investment, the key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Leading a dynamic team of Sector Managers, Business Development Executives and Key Account Managers to deliver a strategy for attracting, embedding, influencing and retaining inward investment in the Leeds City Region
- Promoting our regional economy internationally demonstrating a strong understanding of the regions key industrial sectors and the continual refinement of the overall inward investment offer
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Experience of providing leadership to individuals, teams and projects with a focus on collaboration, outputs and delivering high performance
- Strong influencing and relationship-building skills, with a demonstrable track record of problem-solving and effective account management with senior industry decision makers and central government
- Able to convey information confidently and professionally in a clear, concise and persuasive style to senior management, stakeholders and investors
- Strong understanding of corporate decision making alongside the bigger picture in the context of public sector policy
- Significant strategic experience of inward investment/economic development and the key drivers towards investment decision making and economic growth
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5 (currently under review)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits. The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 28 February 2021.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.