Travel Centre Advisor - TS/C16m
Grade E | £18,779 (£19,100 with LW Supplement) pa pro rata | Location Huddersfield | Permanent |Part time - 28.50 average hours per week (4 week rota including Saturdays) | Closing date: 29 May 2022
Travel Centre Advisor - TS/C16m
Grade E - £18,779 (£19,100 with LW supplement) pa pro rata
Permanent & Part time - 28.50 average hours per week (4-week rota including Saturdays)
Closing date: 29 May 2022
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Travel Centre Advisor to join our Huddersfield team
We bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), that ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Travel Centre Team Leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- To sell and/or issue prepaid tickets, passes and permits and issue passenger Information in accordance with laid down procedures. Provide advice for tourist and passenger information for bus and rail services
- Be a visible and enthusiastic team member, encouraging partnership working across the organisation.
- Take a pro-active approach to participating and delivering of your directorate’s objectives
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- Educated to GCSE level or have equivalent relevant education
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role with cash handling experience
- Enthusiastic and totally customer focused, able to work under pressure and act on your own initiative
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your anonymised CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on Sunday 29th May 2022.
Interviews to be held on 7th June 2022
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. We do however encourage you to continue searching for vacancies on our Careers with Us website.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.