Travel Centre Team Leader (Bradford) TS/C15c
Grade G -S/alary £22,053 pa (pay award pending) | Permanent Full Time/ (37hrs pw) (4 week rota including Saturdays) | Bradford City Centre | Closing Date - 24 October 2021 |
Travel Centre Team Leader (Bradford) TS/C15c
Grade G - Salary £22,053 pa (pay award pending)
Leeds City Centre (currently working remotely)
Permanent Full Time/ (37hrs pw) (4 week rota including Saturdays)
Closing date - 24 October 2021
We are seeking to appoint a Travel Centre Team Leader in our Transport Services team. You will be based at our Bradford Travel Centre
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
Reporting into the Travel Centre Supervisor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Travel Centres through ensuring a high level of customer service to the travelling public in line the CA’s Customer Care Policy.
- Ensure that the Travel Centres sell and/or issue prepaid tickets. Passes and permits and issue passenger Information in accordance with laid down procedures
- Be a visible and enthusiastic team leader, encouraging partnership working across the organisation.
Review the Role profile provided for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Educated to A level or have equivalent relevant education
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
- Experience of retail and cash handling
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card zones 1-5
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role; please upload your CV to our online application tool. Then complete the supporting information tab linking your relevant work experience back to the role profile, bringing you CV to life.
You can apply online, by 11:55pm on 24 October 2021
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
Terms and conditions
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits.
The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.