West Yorkshire COVID alert level: Tier 3 (very high)
Following close discussions with Central Government and local leaders, West Yorkshire will move from local COVID alert level high to very high.
West Yorkshire COVID alert level: very high
- People must not meet socially with friends and family indoors in any setting unless they are part of their household or support bubble. This includes private homes and indoors in hospitality venues, such as pubs.
- People must not meet with people outside of their household or support bubble in a private garden or in most outdoor public venues.
- People can continue to see friends and family in groups of six or less that they don’t live with (or have formed a support bubble with) in certain outdoor public spaces, such as a park or public garden.
- All pubs and bars must close unless they are serving substantial meals, such as a main lunchtime or evening meal. They can only serve alcohol as part of a meal. Pubs, bars and restaurants must still close between 10pm and 5am.
- Wedding receptions will not be permitted, but couples can get married with a maximum of 15 people at the ceremony (check with the venue for additional restrictions).
- Funerals can be attended by up to 30 people; 15 may attend wakes and other commemorative events (check with the venue for additional restrictions).
- Avoid travelling outside the Very High alert area or entering a Very High alert level area, other than for work, education or for caring responsibilities, or to travel through as part of a longer journey.
- Avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK.
In addition to the above baseline measures, the following Enhanced Tier Three Measures were agreed as vital for our region on the advice of the Chief Medical Office and our own analysis of the data on how infection is spreading across our districts:
The closure of:
- Soft Play Areas.
- Adult Gaming Centres.
- Betting Shops.
- Car boot sales
The following restricted opening measures will also be put in place:
- the use of shared smoking equipment (such as but not limited to shisha) in hospitality venues will be prohibited; bars, restaurants and cafes which usually serve shared smoking equipment may otherwise continue to operate in line with the regulations on hospitality venues for ‘very high’ areas
- leisure and sporting facilities (such as leisure centres, gyms, fitness and dance studios, swimming pools, and sports courts) can remain open; it is strongly advised that indoor group exercise classes (including dance and fitness classes) should not take place
COVID-19: support for businesses
There is support available for businesses at this difficult time. Scroll down this page for more information.
COVID-19 Tier 3 Restrictions: A statement from the Leaders of West Yorkshire Councils
Today (Thursday 29 October), with great reluctance, we have accepted that West Yorkshire will now move into Tier Three (Very High) restrictions as of 00.01am on Monday 2nd November.