Mayor of West Yorkshire responds to Agnieszka Kalinowska and Andrzej Latoszewski guilty verdicts
I welcome today’s verdict and although there is little comfort to be had following such a tragedy, I hope that all those affected by this awful case find some relief in the outcome.
22nd July 2022
Agnieszka Kalinowska and Andrzej Latoszewski have today (22/07/22) been found guilty of murdering 15-year-old Sebastian Kalinowski.
Tracy Brabin, Mayor of West Yorkshire, said: “I welcome today’s verdict and although there is little comfort to be had following such a tragedy, I hope that all those affected by this awful case find some relief in the outcome. Overwhelmingly my thoughts remain with Sebastian Kalinowski.
“This was a deeply upsetting and truly shocking case of abuse, made worse by Agnieszka Kalinowska and Andrzej Latoszewski’s refusal to even take responsibly for their despicable actions. I will never understand how someone could treat any child, let alone their own, with such abhorrent cruelty and contempt.
“We must do everything we can to keep children and the most vulnerable in our communities safe. If you do have any concerns about someone’s welfare, please contact the police or your local Safeguarding Hub, where specially trained staff can take reports, or offer help, guidance, and support.”
If a crime is in progress or there is a danger to life, you should always call 999 immediately.
If you need to speak to the police but it is not an emergency, dial 101 or use the live web chat function. If you are deaf or hard of hearing use Type Talk 18001 101.
If you want to report a crime, but wish to remain anonymous you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
To report concerns to your local Safeguarding Hub contact:
- Bradford - 01274 435600 (Out of office hours – 01274 431010) - https://www.bradford.gov.uk/children-young-people-and-families/safeguarding-children/get-in-touch-with-childrens-services-contact-centre/
- Calderdale – 01422 393336 (Out of hours – 01422 288000) - https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/health-and-social-care/children-and-family-care/child-protection-page
- Kirklees – 01484 456848 - https://www.kirkleessafeguardingchildren.co.uk/contact/
- Leeds – 0113 2224403 - https://www.leeds.gov.uk/children-and-families/keeping-children-safe/report-a-child-protection-concern
- Wakefield – 03458 503503 - https://www.wakefieldscp.org.uk/worried-about-a-child/