Mayor’s Safer Communities Fund
The Mayor’s Safer Communities Fund allows voluntary, community groups, charities and partners to apply for funding.
The Mayor’s Safer Communities Fund allows voluntary, community groups, charities and partners to apply for funding of up to £8,000.
This time the fund will have a key focus on supporting victims and witnesses, projects could include:
- Direct support for victims and witnesses.
- Initiatives which support better outcomes for victims of all crimes or focussed projects which support victims of particular crimes such as stalking, abuse, rape or sexual violence.
- Those which offer additional support based on protected characteristics.
- The reduction of the number of repeat victims eg hate crime, domestic abuse.
- Prevention/intervention projects which stop people from becoming victims in the first place.
You will still be able to apply for support across the remaining Police and Crime Plan priorities:
- Keeping People Safe and Building Resilience.
- Safer Places and Thriving Communities.
- Responding to Multiple and Complex Needs.
You are strongly advised to read the Police and Crime Plan for more information on the themes outlined above.
Mayor’s Safer Communities Fund - Grant Round 4
|Total monies to allocate||£350,000|
|Bids open||9th May 2023
|Bids close||9th June 2023 - 12pm noon|
|Funds awarded||12th September 2023|
Contact the Mayor’s Safer Communities Fund Team
Frequently Asked Questions
Previous Grant Rounds
The Mayor’s fund is financed from monies recovered by West Yorkshire Police under the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA). The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 lets the police and prosecutors confiscate or recover the proceeds of crime from criminals.