Our vision for the Leeds City Region is to be a globally-recognised economy where good growth delivers high levels of prosperity, jobs and quality of life for everyone
With our partner organisation, the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership, we have created a long-term Strategic Economic Plan to deliver this vision, so that by 2036 the City Region will:
- create upwards of 35,000 additional jobs and an additional £3.7 billion of annual economic output by 2036
- become a positive, above average contributor to the UK economy
- seek to exceed the national average on high level skills and to become a NEET (not in employment, education or training)-free City Region
- make good progress on Headline Indicators of growth and productivity, employment, earnings, skills and environmental sustainability.
Our economic priorities and how we will achieve them
Our shared strategic economic plan is based on four interconnected priorities:
- Growing Business
- Skilled People, Better Jobs
- Clean Energy and Environmental Resilience
- Infrastructure For Growth
Together, these support a central principle of 'good growth'.