A629 Phase 1a Salterhebble to Shaw Hill
The A629 Halifax to Huddersfield Corridor Improvement is the largest individual scheme within the West Yorkshire-plus Transport Fund.
A629 Phase 1a Corridor Upgrade
The scheme, which consisted of improvements to the A629 between Jubilee Road and the Free School Lane junction to the south of Halifax town centre was part of the wider A629 Halifax to Huddersfield Corridor Improvements programme funded through the West Yorkshire plus Transport Fund (WY+TF).
The scheme received decision point 5 approval in June 2017 with construction being completed in November 2018 and outstanding snagging works in November 2019.
The overall scheme objectives included:
- Accessibility improved to and from Halifax, Huddersfield and key employment areas and between surrounding business and residential areas;
- Increased cycle mode share to key attractors and improved pedestrian infrastructure on the A629 corridor;
- Reduced journey times and levels of delay and queuing on the A629 for all modes including a decrease in public transport journey time variability;
- Improved environment via green infrastructure.
All of the scheme objectives have been met with the funding used for the below activities:
- Consultant / internal staff resourcing;
- Traffic modelling / optioneering;
- Preliminary and Detail Design;
- Mandate / Outline / Full Business Case;
- Land acquisition / legal fees;
- Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Construction tendering;
- Construction supervision;
- Utility diversions;
- Construction works;
- Project closure
|£8.5 million West Yorkshire-plus Transport Fund
|Activity 6: Project Closure
|Start and end dates
|Completed November 2018
|Get in touch
This page was last updated September 2023.