Cycle City Ambition Grant (CCAG)
CityConnect is a West Yorkshire Combined Authority project designed to encourage more people to take part in active travel – such as cycling or walking – by creating high quality cycling infrastructure alongside engagement initiatives such as cycle training, cycle challenges, business and school support and behaviour change campaigns.
The £60 million programme is funded through the Department for Transport’s Cycle City Ambition Grant and local match funding. It aims to:
- Make cycling a natural and popular choice for short journeys
- Make cycling accessible to everyone
- Improve access to employment, skills and education
- Reduce CO2 and improve local air quality
- Create a safe environment for walking and cycling
Infrastructure projects that have been built now include the 14km segregated Cycle Superhighway running from Leeds city centre along the A647 to the new Broadway shopping centre right in the heart of Bradford.
CityConnect is delivered in partnership by West Yorkshire Combined Authority, the five West Yorkshire councils and City of York Council.
Page reviewed Q1 2023/24