Find out more about Independent Custody Visitor recruitment.
West Yorkshire Independent Custody Visitor Recruitment
We are currently recruiting Independent Custody Visitors (ICVs). You can find out about the eligibility requirements, more about the role and how to apply below.
To apply to become an ICV, read the below documents and complete the application form. Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com or via post to to ‘ICV Scheme Manager’, Policing and Crime Team, Wellington House, 40-50 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 2DE.
- Cover letter (PDF 151KB)
- Job description (PDF 126KB)
- Person specification (PDF 154KB
- Application form (Word 229KB)
- Timetable (PDF 142KB)
The 2023 recruitment campaign will run until Sunday 11 June 2023.
Independent Custody Visitors are appointed for a 3-year period and must:
- Live, work or study in West Yorkshire.
- Be over 18 years of age (at the time of appointment).
- Have been a UK resident for at least three years prior to date of application for vetting requirements.
- Be able to travel across West Yorkshire to custody suites.
I feel valued, and that I add value to the experience felt by detained people.
Newly appointed custody visitors will undertake:
- A one-day training course (usually held on a Saturday) to equip you with the knowledge and skills to be effective in carrying out your role.
- A session on the administration arrangements of the scheme.
- A training visit to a custody suite.
- Two custody visits in the company of experienced custody visitors.
- Regular training sessions.
ICV information leaflet (PDF 860KB)
ICV recruitment poster (PDF 1.07MB)
Get in touch
If you need any further information or would like to discuss the role, please contact us:
Tel: 01133481740 (please leave a message and the team will call you back)
Or Post: Policing and Crime Team, West Yorkshire Combined Authority, Wellington House, 40-50 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 2DE