Bradford 'City Village' Phase 1
A new energy efficient, sustainable, low carbon market building will be developed to consolidate two existing markets in the City Centre. The new market will include an open plan food court and an outdoor trading area, that will attract people to the area through activities such as cooking demonstrations.
Bradford City Village (Phase 1) will deliver a new energy efficient, sustainable, low carbon 4,000m² market hall and green space improvements in Bradford City Centre.
The new market will be located on Darley Street in Bradford City Centre and will have three floors offering a mixture of food and non-food retail space, including an open plan food court on the top floor. The new market will relocate tenants from the Oastler Centre and Kirkgate Markets potentially allowing land to be released for future development, provide public realm improvements, create jobs, and support employment opportunities.
This scheme is expected to achieve the following outputs:
- Create 400 (gross) jobs,
- Create 157 construction jobs,
- Release land for future development,
- Create 4000 m² of mixed-use commercial floor,
- Create 100 m² learning space,
- Assist 100 learners to achieve a full qualification,
- Create 1000 m² of improved or created public realm / green space
- Safeguard 300 jobs