What the Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) programme means for Bradford
In Bradford, TCF schemes will:
- Transform the city centre to reduce traffic and improve air quality, which will enable more people to travel by public transport, by bike or on foot.
- Improve walking access to Bradford Interchange Rail Station, as well as between there and Bradford Forster Square Rail Station.
- Transform transport links between Bradford Interchange and regeneration schemes in the wider city centre.
- Provide a new Park and Ride in south Bradford, and a bus express way linking the new facility to the city centre with journey times of just 10 minutes.
- Include a segregated cycle route linking west Bradford to the city centre, improving links to the university and connecting communities with job opportunities.