Leeds Integrated Station Masterplan
The Masterplan sets a compelling vision for the major transformation of Leeds Station
Leeds City Council, in partnership with West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the wider Rail Industry, has developed a new Masterplan for Leeds Railway Station. The Masterplan sets a compelling vision for the major transformation of Leeds Station, already the busiest transport hub in the North of England.
The Masterplan establishes a blueprint spatial plan which develops Option 2 of Sir David Higgins’ November 2015 Yorkshire Hub report into a holistic and phased development strategy for the new Integrated Station and surrounding roads, places and spaces.
Delivery of the Masterplan will:
- create a world class gateway for the City Region that is at the heart of the UK’s rail network
- seamlessly integrate High Speed Two (HS2), the Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) programme and enhancements to the classic rail services which use the Station
- accommodate the planned doubling of growth in passenger numbers using the Station over the next 30 years
- enable a step-change in rail connectivity and capacity in the North of England – better connecting people and business to jobs and markets
- deliver a new internationally significant district in Leeds City Centre - with the potential for 300,000 square meters of commercial development
- be a catalyst for accelerating the regeneration of South Bank Leeds, one of Europe’s largest City centre regeneration initiatives that will double the size of the City Centre economy.
Find out more about the Leeds Integrated Station Masterplan on the South Bank Leeds website (opens in a new window)