Leeds Integrated Station Masterplan
The Masterplan sets a compelling vision for the major transformation of Leeds Station
Leeds City Council, in partnership with West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the wider Rail Industry, has developed a new Masterplan for Leeds Railway Station. The Masterplan sets a compelling vision for the major transformation of Leeds Station, already the busiest transport hub in the North of England.
The Masterplan establishes a blueprint spatial plan which develops Option 2 of Sir David Higgins’ November 2015 Yorkshire Hub report into a holistic and phased development strategy for the new Integrated Station and surrounding roads, places and spaces.
Delivery of the Masterplan will:
- create a world class gateway for the City Region that is at the heart of the UK’s rail network
- seamlessly integrate High Speed Two (HS2), the Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) programme and enhancements to the classic rail services which use the Station
- accommodate the planned doubling of growth in passenger numbers using the Station over the next 30 years
- enable a step-change in rail connectivity and capacity in the North of England – better connecting people and business to jobs and markets
- deliver a new internationally significant district in Leeds City Centre - with the potential for 300,000 square meters of commercial development
- be a catalyst for accelerating the regeneration of South Bank Leeds, one of Europe’s largest City centre regeneration initiatives that will double the size of the City Centre economy.