Transforming Cities Fund
Find out about our ambitious bid to the Government’s Transforming Cities Fund.
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has submitted an ambitious bid to the Government’s Transforming Cities Fund.
The Combined Authority’s submission sets out proposals to improve public transport along four key routes in the Leeds City Region and upgrade connections to eight rail stations.
The bid is focused on funding better transforming transport connections for those communities most in need of access to jobs, services and education. Priorities set out in the submission including creating healthy streets, supporting cycling and walking as well as exploring the opportunities offered by new technology.
The Stage 1 application form and appendices were submitted on 8 June 2018 and, if successful, will allow the development of more detailed proposals.
The submission materials can be downloaded here:
- Application Form
- Appendix 1: Summary of documents/sources referred to in this submission
- Appendix 2: Corridor Prioritisation and Assessment
- Appendix 3: Gateways summaries
- Appendix 4: Letters of Support
- Appendix 5: PowerPoint Summary of Submission
Letters of support:
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority and its partners have submitted a £27 million bid to the Government for Future Mobility Zone funding to transform the way people travel in Leeds City Region.
The Future Mobility Zone plans aims to provide people with convenient, affordable and more sustainable alternatives to private cars, helping to reduce congestion and pollution.
If successful, the programme of work included in the bid will help contribute to the Combined Authority’s priorities of supporting inclusive growth, boosting productivity, developing a 21st Century transport network and making the City Region net zero-carbon by 2038 at the latest. It will also help achieve targets set out in the Combined Authority’s West Yorkshire Transport Strategy, focused on increasing journeys by sustainable and active public transport and reducing car trips.
The Future Mobility Zones bid was submitted to Department for Transport (DfT) on 30 September 2019, more the submission materials can be downloaded here:
- The Leeds City Region Future Mobility Zone bid (please note some elements are redacted due to commercially sensitive information)
- Future Mobility Zone cover letter
- Annex 1 – Change log
- Annex 2 – Future Mobility Zone and Index of Multiple Deprivation
- Annex 3 – NOx map 2018
- Annex 4 – Mobility hub locations and facilities
- Annex 5a – Mosaic analysis summary
- Annex 5b – E-Handbook – Mosaic Group
- Annex 6 – Future Mobility Zone bid programme (Sept 2019)
- Annex 7 – Future Mobility Zone logic maps
- Annex 8 – Future Mobility Zone letters of support
- Annex 9 – Local funding letters